|The position is responsible for creating, planning and directing the programs, services and operations of a comprehensive career and internship center at the University of Utah Asia Campus in South Korea.
The center shall serve undergraduate, graduate, alumni and employers to
positively impact student outcomes and post-graduation career success.
This position will plan and execute programs and develop resources that meet
students’ developmental needs, improve career readiness and respond to
evolving market trends. In addition, the Assistant Director is to develop, engage,
and maintain partnerships with employers in a wide range of industries to increase
experiential and employment opportunities for students and alumni.
- • Provide one on one career counseling assistance and group workshops to undergraduate students
- • Work collaboratively with all members of the campus community to address the unique needs of students in particular programs and fields
- • Assist students with the domestic and international job and internship search
process, including professional networking, resume and cover letter development
- • Coordinate and facilitate workshops and career development activities to students related to the internship and job search.
- • Scout and recruit new employers to form employment partnerships and diversify opportunities
- • Research and vet internships, jobs and other experiential opportunities to determine the suitability, legality and potential advantages for students
- • Develop, implement and maintain high-quality on-campus recruitment activities including career fairs, on-campus recruitment programs, employer information sessions and portfolio reviews
- • Create referral system for faculty, parents, alumni and administrators to promote opportunities to students
- • Act as initial point of contact for employer inquiries pertaining to jobs, internships and events
- • Create and collect employer satisfaction surveys, analyze data, evaluate and make recommendations
- • Develop relationships and collaborate with student workers, student clubs, professional organizations, employer and faculty to co-market events and resources
- • Create and manage up-to-date list of all internship and hiring outcomes on the website
- • Enforce employer recruitment policies
- • Attend events on evenings and weekends at campus events
- • Demonstrate strong intercultural communication, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills in complex situations
- • Exercise patience, diplomacy and flexibility in interacting with the many parties integral to UAC success
- • Other duties as assigned by the CAO and ADOS
- • Bachelor’s degree or equivalency.
- • Five or more years of experience in a career or internship role, a higher education setting is preferable. Applicants with extensive experience in corporate human resources or employee recruiting will be considered.
- • Fluency in Korean and English.
- • Experience developing marketing strategies that positively impact student career and internship success.
- • Demonstrated knowledge and expertise recruiting new employers to form employment partnerships and diversify opportunities for student success.
- • Should be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- • Excellent verbal, writing and communication skills.