Strategic Key Accounts Manager, Licensing and Commercial Supply
Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. This key role will play a valuable part in our efforts.
Now is an exciting time to join our Genetic Sciences business, our industry leading scale means unparalleled commercial reach, unique customer access and a global footprint. Our broad customer base, from research to clinical to commercial production means you can have a broad and meaningful impact. All while working in an environment where you will be supported, valued and rewarded for your performance. Join the team with unmatched depth of capabilities and help our customers solve some of the world’s toughest challenges from the fight against COVID-19 to Zika to many others.
How will you make an impact?
As a Strategic Key Accounts Manager, you will be responsible for the overall well-being and success of specific key strategic and global accounts.
What will you do?
- Represent and assist in the sale of Thermo Fisher’s Genetic Services products and solutions, to ensure total account buy-in and satisfaction at key sites around the country/globe.
- Drive the overall Key Account strategy aimed at protecting core business; achieve account technical and commercial goals, expand business locally and globally, accurately forecast revenues, and meet or exceed established revenue targets.
- Interface directly with customers at key accounts, understand their technical and commercial needs, communicate needs to appropriate resources within Thermo Fisher, proactively follow-up to ensure all issues, concerns, and requests are met in a timely manner.
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Support, Product Management, Market Development, Operations, and other functions to ensure all goals and account needs are met.
- Create and communicate weekly account dashboard summarizing achievements, ongoing issues, and opportunities; lead detailed monthly and quarterly account business reviews.
- Attend, participate in, and represent Thermo Fisher’s business at company meetings, workshops, regional and international conferences, and industry trade shows.
How will you get here?
- Direct experience with the regulated markets (IVD, CE-IVDR) and the product life cycle management for clinical genomics, technology platforms used
- Deep understanding of the molecular diagnostics market and the competitors in the area of Reproductive Health, Oncology, and Infectious Disease.
- Proven development of major account relationships at Top Level (C-level, VPs and Directors) with life science and IVD companies
- Demonstrated account management experience from a Sales or Business Development aspect; accurate revenue forecasting and revenue target achievement
- Demonstrated success in creating global commercial strategies and working across global market.
- Proven experience adapting to a challenging and fast-changing environment
[Knowledge, Skills, Abilities]
- Basic understanding and knowledge of genomics and technologies used in clinical genomics
- Basic understanding of Human Reproductive Health needs, especially with regards to genetic/genomic testing such as Carrier Screening, Pre-implantation Genetic Testing, Pre- and Post-natal testing
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to drive to customer sites and travel, approximately 30% of time including international
- At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer