Microsoft is uniquely positioned to win “App Innovation” workloads to help customers’ Digital Transformation journey. The Microsoft Application Innovation business is one of the fastest growing businesses within with a portfolio of products spanning across Managed/PaaS services of Azure Platform, PowerApps and Developer Productivity tools like GitHub and Visual Studio. Microsoft is hiring Specialist sellers for Application Innovation business to deliver sales goals in this dynamic and fast-growing enterprise market.
As an Application Innovation Specialist, you will be a senior solution sales leader, with technical acumen, selling the Microsoft Application innovation portfolio to our largest enterprise customers. You will manage CxO level business relationships, understand customer challenges and priorities, identify modernization opportunities across the customer's application estate, build a business case for innovation, lead an architectural design session, close the business, and build a plan for deployment of app modernization/ innovation projects. You will do this with your deep Industry knowledge, technical acumen and by leading a virtual team of resources across Microsoft and Partner ecosystem. You will spend 70% of your time on customer-facing activities driving sales and technical conversations, 15% in internal meetings for collaboration and 15% to maintain business hygiene like reporting and managing pipeline.
Create “buy-in” vision with key decision makers
Build executive relationships with key decision makers and generate excitement around Microsoft solutions’ value to influence long-term strategic direction
Understand customer’s application footprint, digital transformation needs, business and technology strategy and compete landscape to map customer’s current and desired state and expectations
Collaborate with the customers to outline business priorities and understand the buying decision criteria and timeline
Lead the solution design with technical acumen
Strong presentation and communication skills with ability to demo and whiteboard application architectures
By collaborating with a team of technical resources (e.g., cloud solution architects and partners) , conduct an architecture design session and build a Proof of Concept to showcase how solution meets customer’s requirements.
Engage Partner to maximize business results
Bring together and land Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergistic effect with our partners.
Share practical knowledge and co-sell with them to make deals faster and bigger.
Build App Innovation business case to substantiate the value of the solution
Lead multi-million-dollar deals requiring orchestration of virtual teams composed of industry, solution, technical, licensing & legal team members.
Drive Sales Excellence: Exceed sales / cloud consumption quota by driving pipeline management and accurate forecasting.
We encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, and professional skills. You will be recognized for thought leadership, sharing, learning, and driving business impact for customers, partners, and Microsoft.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or 2+ years of technology-related sales or account management or business development experience; OR 2+ years of technology-related sales or Business Development experiences
- Sales or Business Development experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Business Administration (i.e., MBA), Information Technology, or related field AND 2+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience OR 2+ years of technology-related sales or account management experience
- Certification or Training on any public cloud and anything specific to cloud-native or Low Code technologies
- Certification or Training in sales, business value selling and consulting selling methodologies
- Sales or Consulting experience with Cloud Business or DevOps or application modernization/ Cloud Native projects
- Experience selling Cloud Application Platform services, database, Developer Productivity tools, Low Code tools with a demonstrated track record in working towards sales goals.
- Industry knowledge of application landscape and trends in verticals like Gaming, FSI, Retail, Manufacturing etc. is a plus.
- Executive presence with experience selling to Chief Digital Officers, Head of Products, and enterprise solution architects.
- Able to work cohesively with members of Microsoft sales & services, System Integrator partners and marketing.
- Technical passion with good understanding of cloud architectural patterns leveraging managed or Platform-As-A-Service offerings, rearchitecting monolithic applications with cloud native technologies, related databases and modern DevOps/ DevSecOps practices.
- Subject Matter Expertise with one or more of the following:
- Experience DevOps platform like Git, GitHub, Azure DevOps
- Experience modernizing Java applications on cloud (e.g. Jboss EAP, Spring Cloud, VM Ware, Tanzu, Pivotal Cloud Foundry) – preferred
- Experience with Cloud Native technologies like Containers, Kubernetes, Serverless and APIs. (e.g., Amazon/Google/Azure Kubernetes Service, RedHat OpenShift) – preferred
- Experience with Enterprise Integration Services and API Management (e.g. like MuleSoft) – preferred
- Understanding of Low Code platforms like Power Platform) and associated use-cases is a plus
- Experience with competitive Application development services across public cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, Oracle) is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.