SK On., Ltd., is a global leading manufacturer for electric vehicle batteries.
We aim to produce the safest, fastest-charging, and longest-lasting batteries to create a cleaner and more sustainable future across the world.
SK On., Ltd., is seeking experienced and qualified midlevel in-house counsel as our business expands. The position will be based in Seoul, Korea.
- Primary Responsibilities may include the following:
- Provide proactive advice and counsel on affecting new laws and regulations applicable to the automotive industry with a focus on leveraging those laws and regulations to support and promote battery electric vehicles, autonomous vehicles and connected vehicles.
- Draft and finalize legal documents including agreements, contracts and internal regulations aligned with the applicable laws and regulations.
- Work on a wide variety of corporate and finance transactions, including mergers & acquisitions, joint venture and general corporate matters.
- Work on governmental regulatory investigations and other government inquiries – including NHTSA and comparable work in other regions
- Qualification and experience requirements:
- Qualified to practice law in major jurisdictions, including US, UK or other common law countries.
- Minimum 4+ years post-qualification experience in corporate, commercial and/or product liability sector preferred.
- Language skills: Proficiency in Korean and English
- Preferred skill sets:
- Excellent drafting and negotiating skills, with experience in drafting complex legal agreements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with senior management, external legal counsel, and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in navigating matters independently and with maturity. A good team player who is considerate of others¡¯ needs and priorities.
- Motivated, efficient, and organized with proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Prior work experience in the automotive industry or energy sector or in the field of product liability is a plus.
- The right candidate will have a solid foundation in transactional practice/significant hands-on experience and a desire to work on a wide variety of corporate and finance transaction, including mergers, acquisitions, joint venture and general corporate matters.
- Employment Type:
- Recruitment Process:
- Disabled or veterans will be given additional points during the recruitment process, so please check it in your application.
- Your employment could be canceled, if there is any false information in your application.
- SK On., Ltd., takes every precaution not to infringe on the trade secrets of others during the recruitment process. Please make sure to check whether there are any matters that may be misunderstood or concerned as an infringement of the trade secrets of others before submitting your applications or any other documents.